Sunday, March 4, 2018

Song 4 - Transcription Of 'City Of Fallen Leaves'


Song:  Kareha No Machi (City Of Fallen Leaves)

Vocalist:  Yuki Saori 

(In Japan...they put the surname first. 
 I Westernized her name here)




Okay...
this took longer because I had to get used to the software 
I used to transcribe this song.

As the last song was a transposition...
this is a direct transcription...
from the above YouTube song.

Again...
I just match the notes I hear to the notes I play on my Bass Flute...
and I then transcribe them.

When I have to make alterations to the song 
in order to match the range of the Bass Flute (Transposing)...
I will let you know.


----------------------

As you will see below...
the music is much more clearly presented from my previous ones.

I used a free software for musicians to write out musical scores
(MuseScore).

Although you must input each note...
and separately manipulate the slur lines...
and each of all the other notations...
after using it for a little while...
it not only saves time...
the music is actually legible  :)

I highly recommend all musicians...
beginner or not...
to start transcribing / transposing as soon as you can.

This way you will be able to play your favorite songs...
and later...
you will be able to alter them by adding your own flourishes...
and you will then be able to start composing if you so wish.

When you are able to do this...
music takes on a whole new, and deeper, meaning.

--------------------

I had chosen this song because it is one of my favorite songs
from this artist.

I have long loved the music of this tremendous Japanese singer.

She is the best Japanese singer I have ever heard...
and one of the best vocalists I have ever heard anywhere...
and her supporting orchestra is also magnificent
(Pink Martini Orchestra).

I had first heard her sing in the late 1960s.

I am not sure when this song came out...
but I believe it was in 1969.

My mother had bought her albums...
and I used to play them over and over for years.

I plan to transribe several more of her songs.

(I am going to start transcribing one after I publish this article).

------------













Disclaimer:  Although I had played this through to check for accuracy...
you must remember...
I have only been playing the Bass Flute for about two months.

My musical ear may be off...
as well as my timing.

I am also aware that several other musical instructions are missing...
such as telling when to increase or decrease the volume.

I will be adding these in later musical scores...
but right now...
I am still learning.

It will take me at least a few more days to learn the meaning 
of the latin phrases and other musical notations.

I will add them in as I learn.

I am still a beginner in music.

So, with this in mind...
if you notice I am off somewhere...
please correct me using the comment section.





No comments:

Post a Comment