Friday, March 2, 2018

3rd Song / 1st. Transposition - Gnossienne no. 1


Song:  Gnossienne no 1 (The Swan)

Artist:  Luke Pitman (Alto Flute)
Paolo Bertolotto (Piano)


You must remember that the Bass Flute is one octave lower than a concert flute.

This song was played above with an Alto Flute....
which is four notes above the Bass Flute.

As Luke Pitman had transposed this classic song
to fit the Alto Flute...
I had to make a few alterations of my own...
so that the Bass Flute could play it.


 With this song...
when you hear the highest notes...
in those passages...
I had lowered them a full octave.

Other than in those particular places...
everything else is the same.



Our back yard this morning.


I had finished transposing this song last night.

I then started working on another song...
of which, I am about halfway done now.

I should be done with it tonight.

---------------

This song is perfect for the Bass Flute...
as it has a very deep and melodic sound throughout.


8-5-18  Addendum:

I redid this song using MuseScore 2.

I made some changes...
I corrected some things...
and it is much neater.













------------------------


The song I am working on now...
fits the trend of most of the rest of my songs I shall be transposing
(Sheet music is not readily available).

It was sung by one of the most popular Japanese folk singers of the 60s and the 70s.

I had transposed, both, the whistling portions...
and the vocal track.

It is hauntingly beautiful...
and most people not from Japan have probably never heard it.

I should have it up tomorrow.

You will want this song...
as it is fairly easy to play.

Below is a picture of the song in the next article.




I got a computer music notational program last night.

All of my music will now be in this format...
and I will put it into a jpeg so you may simply right click on it
to download it to your computer...
and you will then be able to print it out at home.

It certainly looks a lot neater now...
doesn't it  :)










No comments:

Post a Comment