Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Transcription of a Cover - Set Fire To The Rain


Song:  Set Fire To The Rain

Bass Flute Cover:  Geniflute



Okay...
this is the song which had convinced me to buy a Bass Flute instead of an Alto Flute.

This is another sunset song.

This song is unique...
as it covers the FULL range of the Bass Flute.

It goes from C1, to and including, C4 (Bass Flute...not piano).



I looked over this piece carefully...
as I hate having to go back and make any corrections.

However...
just as in proofreading a paper you had written...
it is sometimes hard to spot the mistakes yourself...right away.

I usually lie in bed the next day...
reviewing what I had written while listening to the music on my iPad...
and reading and following the notes I had published on this blog.

So often...
I will be mortified I had made such an error that I should have caught
right away...but had not.

Any mistakes I had made...
I would be grateful if anyone else spots them and gives me a comment.

I really love this song.

Geniflute did such a good job transposing and playing this song.

I hope I had done his cover piece justice.

------------------

Now...
this piece was deceptively more complicated than I had originally thought.

Geniflute has multiple uses of note accenting (Sforzato)...
and I had differentiated them from the similar fade in and fade out notations
above certain notes...by placing them below them.

His timing was also tricky for me.

I hope I had gotten it right.

Even had I not gotten the timing right...
I can still play this piece...
as I am listening to the music as Geniflute plays it...
 in my head as I play.

The notes are just reminders of what is to come for me.


I get the timing be tapping my foot to the beat...
and splitting the time by how many notes come in each beat.

It is fairly easy to make mistakes...
and I had to correct some after I had finished this piece.

So...
once again...
if you find any mistakes...
please leave a comment for me.

I am still very much a beginner in music.










No comments:

Post a Comment