Thursday, August 16, 2018

Transcription - After The Fall



Song:  After The Fall

Group:  Two Steps From Hell



This is to be another sunset song.


First of all...
I absolutely LOVE this song.


It played in my head when I was over 11,000 ft. in elevation
in the Sierra Nevadas a few years ago.

I was standing atop this particular mountain...
and overlooking a multitude of sharp mountain crags in the distance.

The stiff cool breeze and rarified air made this song seem magical...
as I played this song over and over in my head.

It really added to the majestic atmosphere.

When I hear this song...
I am back atop that mountain in my mind.


And so...
I took extra pains to ensure the emotion of the notes carried through
with the appropriate symbols.

Be cognizant of the reversion to the key signature (cessation of the naturals)...
on the third line...fifth measure.


Also...
I distinguish the Crescendo and Decrescendo symbols (sideways Vs)...
from Crescendo and Diminished in text.

I use the symbols to signify a modulation of volume from the standard...
 from low to standard...
or from standard to low.

I use the text to signify the modulation of volume from standard to louder...
or from louder to standard.








I am unsure as to which song I shall do next.


There is a song from my childhood
for which I can find no music...
or the song itself on YouTube (it is Japanese).

I may try to write it out from memory...
with some of my own flourishes thrown in...
to fill in the voids.

Or...
I may try my hand at a simple tune which is of my own composition.

If so...
it will take a while to complete.









2 comments:

  1. the key signature on this one makes it tough to play by sight. I think listening first and getting a sense of the flow and melody is helpful. You might want to consider adding the chords on top so that once mom learns the chords she can accompany you with a the chords and follow the melody line with her right hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This song, mom will never play. I will be playing it for mom to listen to.

    ReplyDelete