Saturday, April 6, 2019

Rock Meets Rachmaninoff


Song:  Rock Meets Rachmanioff

Composer / Performer:  Jon Schmidt (Piano Guys)


This is my favorite song from the Piano Guys.

It is powerful and very upbeat.

Now...
I had a problem in a few places when I had realized that on some runs...
it occupied four octaves...and the Bass Flute only has three.

I had to not only transpose some notes...
I had to substitute some.

 I also had spent many hours trying to figure out some of them.

On some of the runs...
I had at first thought that many of the notes were sequentially spaced...
only to find out that there were many triples spaced out over a full octave...each set.

They had been played so quickly that I, at first, couldn't hear the difference...
and so, why I also had to guess at some of the notes.

I was so grateful when I got to the scale runs...
as they were sequentially spaced.






No comments:

Post a Comment