Monday, January 7, 2019

Yoake No Scat (Melody For A New Dawn)


Song:  Yoake No Scat (AKA Scat In The Dark)

Artist:  Yuki Saori


(The above video version had been greatly shortened...
but it has some of the lyrics in English)


Yuki Saori has been one of my favorite vocalists all of my life

The only other vocalist who had her purity of tone...
and great feminine grace...
was Julie Andrews.  

These two I consider the world's greatest female vocalists of all time.



I had first heard Yuki Saori in 1969.

Her voice is so pure...
and her songs are so beautiful.



This song was a world wide hit back in 1969...
although she was relatively unknown in the USA...
other than those of Japanese descent.


Although I had made some minor modifications to the bass line...
my transcription is the full version of this song.







No comments:

Post a Comment