Thursday, September 13, 2018

Theme From The Silent Flute - Transposition


Theme From The Movie :  The Silent Flute 
(AKA: Circle Of Iron)


Here it is...
the song that had inspired me for my introduction 
to my last interpretation of Kashmir.

This song is short, simple...
and wonderfully melodious.


Now...
I had to transpose this song 
as some of the notes go beyond the octave range of the Bass Flute.

Not only was the flute used in the video of a higher octave range...
but the orchestra portion went lower...
so...
not only did I lower the whole song an octave...
on one orchestral portion...
I had to raise it an octave.

Where you see, what looks like, the upside down partial slur marks...
are where you bend the note upwards.

Once again...
you accomplish this by rolling your head to one side as you slur up to the next note...
just as bamboo flute players do 
(or they will sometimes slide their finger across the note's open hole).

With closed holed flutes...
we must sweep our heads to one side to accomplish a bend in the note...
or, the tongue may be pushed forwards or withdrawn.












No comments:

Post a Comment